Water and Wastewater | Waste Disposal Grounds
The Drinking Water Information Binder
(produced by Saskatchewan Ministry of Environment) has been provided to operators of water and wastewater
treatment plants in Saskatchewan. Operators will receive revised and/or
new documentation to be included.
Factsheets (Part 1
and Part 2
were developed to inform waterworks owners, managers and operators
about provincial regulation of planning, building and operating a
for water and wastewater operators in Saskatchewan.
New and existing waterworks and sewage works must be under the direction of a certified operator.
Amendments to The Environmental Management Protection Act, 2002 regarding
Certification and Training
Operators must meet standards of education, experience and examination explained in the Operator Certification Program (EPB 144)
and theRegional/Contract Operator Program (EPB 286).
The Operator Certification Board (OCB)
accepts all certification applications.
After July 15, 2005, insurance firms may no longer provide liability coverage
to facilities without a certified operator.
A number of agencies (EPB 436)
provide training, workshops and examination sittings for water and waste operators.
Other available documents:
- Annual Notification to Consumers: Guidelines for Compliance (City and Town forms)
- Permit to Construct, Extend or Alter Existing Works
- Permit to Construct and/or Operate a Sewage Works - Mechanical
- Permit to Construct and/or Operate a Sewage Works - Lagoon
- Permit to Construct and/or Operate a Waterworks
- Permit to Operate Hygienic Use Waterworks
- Emergency/Upset Contact Poster
for operators to fill in phone numbers and contacts
- Hygienic Use Labels (using Avery Label #8293 or #5293 in Word documents) to comply with Section 36(b) of The Water Regulation
- Waterworks System Assessment (WSA) Checklist
National Wastewater Initiatives and Federal Regulations
Guides and Suppliers
Waste Disposal Grounds
The Waste Disposal Grounds Binder (produced by Saskatchewan Ministry of Environment) has been provided to operators of waste disposal grounds in Saskatchewan.
Information regarding current Municipal Waste Management Status is also available.